Tuesday, March 9, 2010

i am not a cyborg . . .

A person that can’t live without technology can be called a cyborg. Although most human interact with technology, either it being cell phones, computers, metro cards, etc. Only a few can live without it. This reason is because most technology makes life easier. I would say I’m not a cyborg . Until I realized I do use metro cards, cell phone, and computers, everyday. Can I live without it? Yes. Or at least every human being can say this but can they mean it?

The physical attachment that humanity has with the most basic technologies makes them cyborgs. People who can’t walk depend on wheelchairs, most of them being mechanical, making them more independent. Diabetes people can be considered cyborgs since the mechanicals parts enhance the body’s natural mechanisms through the feedback. Or even the simple thing as a amputated leg. Each day technology becomes more advanced to make everything a little better. Even making an artificial legs move like real ones. Things such as in health issue involve technology so how can we say were not cyborgs . or aleast close to being such.

When you visit someone’s house it’s rarely a house you enter that you see no type of technology. A plasma TV, laptop, the newest cell phones, a house phone that tells you whose calling. The parts of entertainment involve electronic devices, since going to play tag isn’t as fun as before. My life revolves around it. If everything shuts down my life wouldn’t end. Just make life a little harder, or worse. But after a while you can live without it. , or at least I can say I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment